Last week the hubby and I were lucky enough to attend the premiere event hosted by 20th Century Fox for the fun action comedy KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES. I walked the red carpet in my favorite pink flamingo dress. If you follow me on instagram, you probably saw me on there dancing on the red carpet as well. It was such a fun time! There were tons of celebrities there and the after party was like an Octoberfest cook out. It was awesome! We got to meet Larry David too!
The whole case was there as well and everyone looked amazing!
The following day we got to sit down with Zach Galifianakis, Jon Hamm, Isla Fisher, Gal Gadot, Matt Walsh & Maribeth Monroe (aka the whole main cast) to chat about the film. I can’t tell you what a thrill it was to meet them. I love Gal Gadot and can’t wait to see her as wonder woman! Well, I have met Jon Hamm before, but it’s always nice to chat with him. Here are 6 fun facts I learned from the cast during this experience and interview.
1. The cast is really like a little family. They all get along great on and off the screen. I walked in on the entire cast having lunch together when I first arrived for the interview. It really looked like a family picnic. Isla Fisher actually calls Gal her other husband. The two actually live near each other in London and Isla even helped Gal find a school for her daughter. These two are like total besties and it shows in their girl power performances in this film. You have to see these two together in real life as well. It’s so amazing to see women supporting women like these two do!
2. Gal shared that Jon Hamm actually thought she was a production assistant when he first met her during production meetings for the film. He didn’t know who she was and she introduced herself with out any of the film makers. He asked her for coffee to which she replied, I’m playing your wife in the film! He was so embarrassed and apologized profusely, but the two still got along great during the making of the film regardless of his mistake.
3. Isla shared she would try to make Zach Galifianakis laugh during takes. That was how she knew she was being funny. If she could make him life, she felt like she was doing her job right!
4. Zach and Jon have a scene in which they go indoor skydiving together in the film and it is them in the film. They had to practice for a week before shooting and they practiced right here in Los Angeles at Universal City Walk!
5. They had a lot of freedom to add lib and improvise while on the movie. This is what Gal and Isla had to say!
Gal Gadot: In general, Greg allowed us to be free and do what we thought the characters would do and just gave us little notes that ever so slightly notes of how to balance the four of us together.
Isla Fisher: I do think that we felt comfortable doing that because you came very much with a very clear idea of Natalie, and you’re so brilliant in the film. And you ground it completely, and I think that all of us have kind of done our research and really came very prepared to inhabit the emotional landscape of these people.
And this is what Matt and Marybeth said!
Ms. Maribeth Monroe: I think improvised moments that come out of panic can be very fun and hilarious to play as opposed to just a stagnant scene because you’re so fueled with this emotion, whether it’s anger or fear, that sometimes you kind of can surprise yourself in that what emotionally you’re feeling kind of comes out in improvised lines.
I don’t know. Do you feel the same way?
Mr. Matt Walsh: Yes. I think you’re right. I think your emotions are pushed in those types of scenes, and you can actually surprise yourself. You’re not like writing a joke and saying, “I can’t wait to say this.” You’re just sort of freaking out as your character, and sometimes you stumble upon really funny things.
6. Zach had something great to say after he was asked if he would have the Pope on his show Between Two Ferns.
Mr. Zach Galifianakis: I mean I don’t know. I hope he doesn’t do it because some things need to be kept sacred in a way. I wish in a way that the presidential election was more sacred than candidates having to do these things, to be quite honest. And it’s a bummer that the race has become a popularity contest instead of a policy contest.
And I’ve been guilty. I’ve participated in it, right, by having her on. But it is troubling, I think, that that is where our culture is. I think that we might want to examine that just a little bit. Maybe I’m wrong, but it is worth a thought.
I couldn’t agree with him more! At the end of the interview we got to take a group photo with 4 of the cast. I didn’t take the photos, so I apologize for the poor quality of them. Zach of course sat on Jon’s lap. He’s so funny and sweet!
And yes Gal towers over me! lol.
It was such a pleasure to chat with them and I really enjoyed the film. I knew nothing about the film going in to see it and I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was to watch!
You can check out the trailer for this fun movie below!
KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES Is In Theaters This Friday! Run out and see it!
All photos except for the photo of the red carpet and of myself on the red carpet were provided by the studio.