As your little babies grow up and enter the double-digit teen years, It’s the time in their lives when you need to keep in contact with them the most. This is usually around the time when they need to get their first cell phone. I made our teen wait until high school so we knew he could be responsible for it. A cell phone is a must have for a teenager. Soon they’ll be celebrating getting their drivers license or they will be leaving the nest and heading off to college and you’ll need to be able to keep in touch with them. In this day in age what teen doesn’t have a cell phone?
It can be pricey for a teen to have a cell phone, But thanks to AT&T GoPhone we can stay connected to our teen without receiving a surprise wireless phone bill at the end of each month!
In case you’ve never heard of this service, AT&T GoPhone is a a pre-paid wireless service that will keep your family connected through life’s special moments. The best part about it is they just announced new rate plans with unlimited data usage and new pricing options to keep you connected, all while freeing you from an annual contract. I think it’s the perfect cell phone to start off your teen with. You can control how much they use it and not have to worry about them running up a huge cell phone bill.
We got an HTC AT&T GoPhone (It’s a compatible 4G LTE smartphone) and a refill and go card to try AT&T GoPhone’s new $60 a month smartphone rate plan with unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico, plus nationwide unlimited talk, text and data usage with 4GB of data at high-speeds.
*Data usage exceeding the high-speed allowance will result in reduced data speed of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of your 30-day term. Actual speeds vary by device and location.
It has everything anyone could ever want in a smartphone. It runs on Android and has the Google Play store and a bunch of amazing apps and games you can download and enjoy on your phone.
You can get online, play movies, check your email, get on YouTube, connect to Google Drive and Google Plus, and more. It has all the things our teen wants on his phone. We’ve greatly enjoyed our time with our GoPhone.
Here are the top 5 things we love about our AT&T GoPhone:
1. The new $60 a month smartphone rate plan. It offers unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico, plus nationwide unlimited talk, text and data usage with 4GB of data at high-speed. To view all rate plans available, please visit the AT&T website.
2. AT&T offers GoPhone customers service on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network, which reaches more than 300 million people, making it easy for your family to stay connected.
3. With no annual contract, GoPhone can provide you with a sense of comfort as it creates parameters around your family’s wireless plans, while also instilling a new sense of responsibility for a new phone owner.
4. They are huge supporters of the “It Can Wait” campaign which promotes no texting and driving or using your phone while driving. The phone comes with Drivemode which your teen can turn on before he or she begins to drive. AT&T DriveMode is a free app that silences incoming text message alerts so you can stay focused while driving. It silences text message alerts and automatically replies to text messages telling people you are driving and will get back to them. It’s such an important feature as teens especially can be easily distracted when they are on the road.
5. GoPhone is compatible with most phones, including iPhones, which allows you to utilize a phone you already own – even if the service was with another provider. Signing up with GoPhone simply requires you to insert a GoPhone-activated SIM card in your current phone, making it very easy to switch.
Those are just some of the reasons we love having this service for our teen. We can go on and on about it, but that would make this a never ending post.
If you’re looking for the perfect first cell phone for your kids check out the AT&T GoPhone service and mobile phones. It’s a great way to teach your kids how to use and maintain a cell phone responsibly. It will also allow you to let them learn with out breaking the bank.
This post is sponsored. All products mentioned and reviewed on this page are compliments of AT&T. All opinions of the products are my own.
For more information about AT&T GoPhone, visit http://www.att.com/